Narrowband

Astro Panel 2.0 released! (Android App)

Shibby

I've just released a new version! Please update the app, as there are bugfixes as well as some new features based on your feedback. I hope you like it. Thanks.

New Features:

- Alerts! Configure the app to alert you of upcoming favorable conditions.

- Lunar Calendar.

- Saved Locations. You can now add/save multiple locations.

- Now available on "small" screens

Bugfixes:

- Fixed a layout issue on some hi-res screens

- Fixed incorrect lunar phase graphic when Waning

PS: It may be a few more minutes before you see the update

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the update. My only quibble is that it does not react to the orientation of the phone. I understand the need to use landscape mode, but I have a habit of holding it the other way round in landscape orientation. As I am quite ambidextrous, I have no problems having the buttons left or right, bit some people my have stricter preferences.

As soon as it's available for the wildfire I'll download it. Sounds ideal!

Is it still not showing up in the Market for you?? It should be, I've enabled this screen size in the manifest...

FYI, the latest update is doing a Force Close quite often on a HTC Desire.

Please make sure you have version 2.11. If you already do and you're still getting the crash message popping up, please send the error report through as this really helps me debug it.

Just downloaded and have set up alert :D

Is "move to SD card" option hard to program ????

Actually, no! I've made the change, so next time I release an update the option will become available ;)

I like the update. My only quibble is that it does not react to the orientation of the phone. I understand the need to use landscape mode, but I have a habit of holding it the other way round in landscape orientation. As I am quite ambidextrous, I have no problems having the buttons left or right, bit some people my have stricter preferences.

Done. This should be enabled next time I release an update.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for what is now a triple post, but several of you asked me to let you know when it would appear on their HTC Wildfires... and now it should! (fingers crossed!)

Changelog:

New Features:

- Should now be available on devices such as HTC Wildfire

- You can now choose between °F and °C

Bugfixes:

- Fixed background crash

- Fixed some large screen layout issues

- Fixed bug when entering manual locations in a timezone you're not part of.

PS: Anyone know what this review means??:

Good, but detail view and overview buttuns do exacly the opposite.

... how do I get a better longitude / latitude setting, it varies from 61 meters to as much as 1000 meters sometimes, don't suppose a few meters makes much difference

Hmm, it will use GPS if it's turned on, however, it doesn't actually turn it on, does it! Might look into this in the future... in the meantime, you could manually configure your location.

all we need now is a " move to sd card function " , also the forcast cloud cover is always about 3-4 hours out ,

I added Move To SD a version or 2 ago :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As an ex-software developer i'm very impressed with the app, works perfectly on the Dell Streak. Scaling to a 5.1inch screen usually causes problems for most apps, but yours is 100%.

Archived