Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

April Lyrids

Elsterap

weather forecast for the sothwest up to Wiltshire is that cloud will settle across the area by this evening and rain is due for what looks like an unsettled week. Rather than Stonehenge, what about Avebury, less tourists, walk around quite an expanse of land and then if the night looks good, the barrow just up the road is in quite a wide open space. If you find avebury, heres a little pointer. Take the main road which leads to the village of Wroughton, keep on the road until you pass the huge airfield which is now the science museum. About a mile past the museum you will see a sign for hackpen hill, follow that road all the way to the top and bang, you are on the top of the marlborough downs, 360 degree views and no street lights. Avebury is half an hour from Stonehenge.

You legend. I've an idea where Malborough Downs are and yeah will probably take a look (especially as its closer to me than Stonehenge lol)

Just doing a bit of research and it recommends i go up at 3am tonight?! Would midnight be ok?

Archived