Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 Andromeda galaxy 1-10-11

carastro

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

hi very impressed with your image. I tried myself a couple of days ago using Meade 127 APO & Nikon D5000 on a NEQ6 mount.

I really only could get about 45 seconds before LP gave me an orange tint to the sky. Would a 2 inch Skywatcher or Baader filter help with this?

A got a few star trails, but better polar alignment and getting guiding up and running should hopefully sort this out.I have a ST80, just waiting on the QHY5 camera to come.

I wanted to ask how you stacked the images. I tried DSS and nebulosity 2,but the stacked images would not properly align on top of each other.I only had 5x 30 seconds lights to try.

many thanks

Cracking image, no filters too, so proves dark skies win over anything hands down.

Great detail and as the thread says, a tad on the grren side and loads of tools as others have shown to process it out.

Well worth the money one of the green removal tools.

Archived