Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Think I'm going to end up going for that too, did have my heart set on a skymax 127 but I keep asking myself do I really need the goto?? And my answer to myself is no not really! 200p dob seems like it must be a good scope as it's highly recommended on here.

Enjoy :)

I ordered the same telescope from FLO last Wednesday! :)

In fact, the only reason I turned the computer on this morning was to send off a quick email asking them roughly when I could expect delivery. It feels like Xmas, albeit I'm expecting the same sort of Xmas weather as you'd get if Santa was bringing you a new bike.....

That's a great telescope, no wonder you are excited! you'll have some great evenings with it and some great fun exploring the heavens, well done!

Those scopes are very popular precisely because they do what it says on the tin (tube). Congratulations on a great choice and you won't be disappointed. Read the instructions carefully as it does mention the likely onset of aperture fever will occur very soon!:) This scope will keep you quiet and occupied for some time yet and look forward to reading your first light report.

Clear skies for its delivery

James

Congratulations, great choice.

That should give you years of great service.

Thanks to everybody who replied,thanks for your support and encouragement.Im like a kid in a sweetshop:D:D.My wife doesn't know what all the fuss is about but we understand dont we?Thanks again guys:hello2:

Great choice i bought one myself and am chuffed to bits with it.

All the best with your dob, i hope you enjoy it as much as i have enjoyed mine.

Smashing first scope you've chosen there - it'll give you a lot of joy for a good while to come :)

Nice piece of kit , the 200p Dob seems to be a great favourite with those who have used one - You'll have lots of great nights with it I'm sure

Good choice on a great scope. Hope you realise they use clouds as protective packaging these days???

I know im not going to be disappointed with this scope.I've took my time and read all the reviews and i know this is a good all-round scope:)

Mine arrived this morning.

Of course the weather forecast for the foreseeable future is not good...

What can I use a telescope for other than looking at the sky? Any suggestions?

Interestingly, although looking like a large bit of kit it only takes up the same floor space as my small 76mm reflector on it's tripod.

Mine arrived this morning.

Of course the weather forecast for the foreseeable future is not good...

What can I use a telescope for other than looking at the sky? Any suggestions?

Interestingly, although looking like a large bit of kit it only takes up the same floor space as my small 76mm reflector on it's tripod.

You can look at it, instead of through it!

Congrats on the new scope Clear sky's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Noob Alert*

Since I'm assuming you don't hold this up to your eye lol, what kind of stand does it need?

Lucky you, saturn4me, hope you get some clear skies really soon!

Edited by weemax

It's on a dobsonian mount weemax - essentially an alt az mount havng a rocker box on a turntable :)