Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

cabby

Hi from Essex

Hi I've just taken the plunge and bought a telescope for my boy for his up coming birthday (and me of course!). I've had a fascination for the solar system for a very long time but now have the perfect excuse. I had a trial run with telescope the other night just to make sure it worked ok!! and was amazed at what I could see. Hoping to see and learn much more from now on.:)

Hello Cabby & welcome to the Lounge!! All the best with the scope....

Edited by Quark

Hi Dave,thanks for the welcome, the scope is nothing special a Celestron Astromaster 130EQ from ebay.I wanted something that would keep his interest but not break the bank!

Hello Cabby,

I have the very same scope, my first too! I have been very happy with it and I hope you will too.

If you are keen and enjoy a challenge, and if you are quick, you might still be able to get a view of the supernova in M101. I was not hopeful that the scope would be up to it, but it seems it is! Here is a link to my report on it.

http://stargazerslounge.com/observing-deep-sky/156443-did-i-just-see-supernova-m101.html

Good luck.

dag123

Hi Cabby,

Welcome to the lounge.

Enjoy your boy's/your new toy and happy birthday to the lad.