Narrowband

oops

nightfisher

Is it ok on your EQ5?

Very much looking forward to a first light report, particularly on Lunar and Jupiter :)

yes on EQ5 tried tal 200k on said mount and was just to heavy, but 180 pro OTA is about 5kg lighter than tal and work on EQ5 with 7kg counter weight, keep an eye out for some lunar pics over the next few weeks, weather/work permitting;)

Nice scope!

Had one of these for a while and my EQ5 held it firmly enough for visual stuff, probably on the limit for any really serious astrophotography though!?!

I chose to sell mine on though (to 'AndyUK'), as I simply wasn't using it enough (or to it's capabilities!!)

But it's a fine scope. so have fun!

Doc

Nice scope!

Had one of these for a while and my EQ5 held it firmly enough for visual stuff, probably on the limit for any really serious astrophotography though!?!

I chose to sell mine on though (to 'AndyUK'), as I simply wasn't using it enough (or to it's capabilities!!)

But it's a fine scope. so have fun!

Doc

space beagle, i remember you selling your one, i was tempted at the time, im now in same situation as you having my tal rs, but i will make time to use my 180 for lunar work

No doubt the 180 is a fine scope, probably too good for me at the moment, he he!

Mine has gone to a really good home where it's being put through it's paces by AndyUK.

I love the Tal 100rs, don't think i'll ever sell it tbh. Not as capable as the 180 at all really (hard to compare I know!), but I just find it so nice to use!

I think my next move will be a bigger 'light bucket' (10 or 12 inch) as I do use my 200p in it's dob base quite a lot too, but of course I'm afflicted by aperture fever like most of us on here, he he!

Doc

Archived