Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help with Stellarium software

I've installed Stellarium on both my PC and laptop but the "resolution" of the labels is very poor - even on my HD screen.

No doubt, being both a newbie and a numpty I'm doing something basically wrong ... but can anyone give me a clue? (And specsavers isn't an option!).

What frame rate does it run at? shows you on the bottom bar. Only time ive heard of resolution problems is when the graphics card is not up to running it. I presume you have your desktop resolution up high? that would make a differance

• 5 months later...

Yes, to fix your problem you just need to run Stellarium using the (No Open GL2) in the start menu and you should be fine.

Please be patient.....I don't know how to find this "no open GL". Do you mean start menu of Pc? I'm using windows 7... Do I click on that start thing in bottom left corner? If so, where next. I have a short cut on desktop to stellarium but when I launch that I don't find anywhere to do the no open GL.. Sorry to be so hopeless!

Please be patient.....I don't know how to find this "no open GL". Do you mean start menu of Pc? I'm using windows 7... Do I click on that start thing in bottom left corner? If so, where next. I have a short cut on desktop to stellarium but when I launch that I don't find anywhere to do the no open GL.. Sorry to be so hopeless!

Go to the main windows 7 program list by clicking the windows icon in the bottom left corner of the screen, then All Programs and click on the Stellarium folder. The 2 ways of opening it are there. If you right click on No Open GL2 there is an option to create a shortcut on the desktop so you can go straight to it.

Archived