Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The South Wales Lounge

garethmob

i will pop in form time to time no doubt Gareth.   i might even see what the bridgend soc  have to offer next year ( not moving till February) as they will be close. for talks etc we will have to see.

i have just put some of the kit in the classified section    would love it to go to a south wales person  but it needs to go somewhere quick.

have a fun everyone  it was something i have really enjoyed over the years though i have not done much recently. May be one day i will get a chance to do it all again. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be going, I see Dave is also going, also Helen. Justyn (redross) he'll be there and I'm sure a few others I can't think of right now.

Here's the allocations so far Mike.

http://stargazerslounge.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=144073

i went last year but sadly i need to buy a new boot floor for my landrover and just added some cash to a pile of john lewis vouchers which some family for some strange reason gave me (when i dont normally shop there...) to get a gopro camera :( and wont really have the funds till end of jan :( fingers crossed there might be spaces then. i do have the trailer so wouldnt mind either standing or grass as long as i can fit the awning up :)    but we shall see.

......................................... all chance of me keeping up with astronomy is now finally gone.  no room for anything  might pop up top an event every now and again but for now i have to say thats all Follks.  

Sorry to hear this Grahame, but things do have a way of changing. Although I was out of the hobby for over 25 years, it seems that once you get the Astronomy bug in your blood, it never really goes away. Look forward to seeing you when circumstances permit. Dorothy sends her regards.

cheers Mike  

It has been nearly two years or more since i done anything meaningful.    miss the people not the hassle i went through etc.    may be one day i will do a little more again but i have no where to keep anything    i have kept the astro bins so there is always them.   

please give my regards to Dorothy as well   

cheers 

Grahame

Tals are really fantastic scopes MW  i feel jealous althrough iv got too many scopes already iv always been tempted to get a little tal as well haha

it was snowing really good at the office in merthyr today but only settling on the hills around not below.   and it started in masseycwmmer at dead on 6 (gotta love met office predictions)  but stopped not long after.   the grounds just too wet :( what we need is it to freeze,  slightly warm and snow :)   (i love snow btw!!) really excited this morning haha.  its quite clear outside now (or was 10 mins ago) so the gopro is out taking photos till 11 (and in its waterproof case so it wont get wet :)

Here's a list of the scheduled meetings Mr Frodo.

Hope you can make it. Watch the threads as Mike will give the go ahead on the day of the meeting if the weather is good.

Schedule: for South Wales Group Observing Session's at the Blaenavon site,  January > June 2015

Hi folks, these Friday & Saturday weekend dates are the best to provide us with dark sky observing closest to the New Moon. There are two consecutive dates provided for each month to give us a second opportunity if the weather is uncooperative on the first night.  Check the posted monthly thread for updates, and also on the day, in the afternoon, to see if the observing session is either a Go or a No-Go based on latest weather predictions.

If you have not attended one of our informal meet's before, the Blaenavon site is located next to the radio towers north east of town, at the paved " Fox Hunter " car park.  

The coordinates are .......  51.790495,-3.069608

General Schedule:

Jan.  23rd  or  24th 

Feb.  20th  or  21st 

Mar.  20th  or  21st

Apr.  17th  or  18th

May  15th  or  16th

Jun.  19th  or  20th

Keep these dates in mind, and also look for " Short Notice " observing sessions being posted by myself or other members.

Here's a list of the scheduled meetings Mr Frodo.

Hope you can make it. Watch the threads as Mike will give the go ahead on the day of the meeting if the weather is good.

Schedule: for South Wales Group Observing Session's at the Blaenavon site,  January > June 2015

Hi folks, these Friday & Saturday weekend dates are the best to provide us with dark sky observing closest to the New Moon. There are two consecutive dates provided for each month to give us a second opportunity if the weather is uncooperative on the first night.  Check the posted monthly thread for updates, and also on the day, in the afternoon, to see if the observing session is either a Go or a No-Go based on latest weather predictions.

If you have not attended one of our informal meet's before, the Blaenavon site is located next to the radio towers north east of town, at the paved " Fox Hunter " car park.  

The coordinates are .......  51.790495,-3.069608

General Schedule:

Jan.  23rd  or  24th 

Feb.  20th  or  21st 

Mar.  20th  or  21st

Apr.  17th  or  18th

May  15th  or  16th

Jun.  19th  or  20th

Keep these dates in mind, and also look for " Short Notice " observing sessions being posted by myself or other members.

Thanks Valleyman I'll keep a look out for updates.

• 1 month later...

Don't say that mike I've booked the day off already. I spend quite a bit of time on the metrology forums and I know by experience things can change very quickly,certainly a week out there's plenty of room to improve. Fingers crossed well still get our chance.

Next Friday Mike. There's still hope!

James

:rolleyes:  Ohhhh man !

I think I need a Vacation, must be working too hard, lol.  

Thanks Steve & James.

Edit:  Guess I have to chalk it down to being Friday the 13th, but I'm feeling much better now.

At least I know my alarm clock is working. :smiley:    

Archived