Narrowband

The South Wales Lounge

garethmob

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was asking a friend if she had any of the old plastic 35mm film containers, said no, but had a couple glove containers. Hmmm ?

Turns out that some hair color kits have plastic gloves which come in a container. They are clear, and perfect for some of the .965 eyepieces I have.

Here are a couple of photos with a 35mm film container for comparison. For what it's worth, thought I'd pass this tip along.

post-21902-0-85132700-1339936390_thumb.j

post-21902-0-55281200-1339936420_thumb.j

Think we should start posting things about philately

That way the powers to be will think we have 'no interest' in observations skyward, the clouds will clear at night, the sun will shine in the day......... Nah it's not going to work is it?

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

Had a chance to see the moon last night, mod and lp filter worked well, added the moon filter too, very pleased with the outcome

As with everyone else, can't wait for some longer periods of clear sky

Glad to hear good news, and yes, some clear skies would be inspirational.

went outside for 10 minutes last night well after 11pm couldn't believe how light it still is - could see Vega and the Plough but to be honest that was pretty much it from my back garden. Going to spend today disassembling the scope and flocking.. All scoped up and no where to go at the moment lol

What thumb screws are you talking about Pete?

Flocking has gone really well everything back together with no accidents it does look very dark inside the. Tube. I took loads of photos I might do a flocking your 200p guide during the week if I have a spare hour

Guides are always useful Steve, I'm certain you will see a huge improvement, so glad it was mentioned in South Wales SGL, had never even heard of it before

So big thanks for that (I think it was you and Mat talking about it); it formed the basis for my mod

Come on clear skies, never seen so much cloud both day and night!!!!

Its been raining all day, so i've had a bit of free time to look around on the website, so for the first time I thought i'd see whats going on in the other social groups. The lack of activity in most all of them surprised me! Wow!

As a group, we have a strong heartbeat, where as in some of the others, you would be lucky to find a pulse.

Hi Mike

i think that is because the people in them hold thier discussion in the main forum and seen by a wider audience. it does seem to me sometimes we pigeon hole ourselves here and miss out on wider knowledge, we do seem to have duplication of things at times.

Hi Grahame,

Yeah, the main forum has a wider audience, but then, i'm kind of a home body; I do venture out into cyber space once in a while though.

Tried to phone you on the 0X9 XXXX XX27 number, but haven't been able to catch you in; will try again now.

• 2 weeks later...

on a positive note you can consider yourself fortunate to live in a historic year - the wettest summer ever recorded in the UK (I know we're not there yet but lets not kid ourselves)

That's the way, Steve. The glass is always half-full............ of rain-water........

We're living through the least popular entry in the Guinness Book of Records.

Bet you're glad of the roof work Mike, have looked at the forecast for next week.........and ...............I saw.........at least one or two evenings when a clear night was shown

We have to remember that when it rains in the day, it just might, repeat just might not be raining at night; we came home from a family gathering a week or so ago and although some clouds were around there were some really goods views of the Moon, ok not dso's but its still a joy to look at

Archived