Nikon D60?? (no lense attached)

Rols

just added my t ring to my Nikon to get a first picture, i'm obviously over looking something thats going to make me feel daft, but i need some advice as to what it is?

tried a search for Nikon no lense attached. NIKON. Nikon T ring nothing that helped.

thanks for looking.

Thanks for looking in

i have the pair mount and ring fitted together, the trouble is when i remove the lense from the chassis of the camera the camera says no lense attached and blocks all function.

how do i get around that?

i will play in the morning as right now the sky is clear and full of things i've not seen before.

you could have hit the nail on the head, i think i may have missed setting the camera to manual focus... you was probably Guru enough, will let you know.

Thanks hemihaggis, i got to the 'm' setting about 35 mins after i turned the computer off and got concentrating, i never did get a shot of Jupiter last night ,as i was then left unable to focus the camera. (so much to learn)

what i really need to do is get this lot automated from computer at least then i will feel more comfortable, i remember having a Nikon software package that enabled me to automate the camer but the name escapes me when most required.

Visuals last night were good again, checked another 2 Messier objects off my very immature list.

Archived