Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Phil4130

Buckets of Dew

I've had the Mak out since about 7pm. I just went out to check it and was amazed to find it completely dry to the touch.

James

Just come in for a break and dry as a bone! Even had the Nortons star atlas outside (paper version) and not even damp. Nice and warm out. Better make the most of it, but can't help wishing all obesrving nights could be like this. Have a cuppa now than back out for another couple of hours.

Just closed the obsy & not a hint of dew up to now , although last night was quite heavy . I'm never happy though , the warm air is playing havoc visually . I'm off to bed , up early tomorrow - have fun all....

Buckets of dew here in herts tonight. When I went out the streetlights were throwing up more orange than I expected for a clear night, so I thought everything might be in for a drenching.

As i commented on in another thread, it may be clear here but seeing is just dreadful

I've just been out to polar align the mount and it wasn't until I came in again to collect EPs etc. that I realised I was still wearing shorts. I think perhaps it could be time to change :p

James

Clear here last night until 11:30pm when I packed in for the night. The only dew to be found was on the Telrad

Clear here last night until 11:30pm when I packed in for the night. The only dew to be found was on the Telrad

Nice one. I bet it would resembled the Amazon rain forest in my garden.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It was murder last night and just as jupiter was just clearing the rooftops too... Everything dewd up all eps mirrors and nothing could stop it...

as it goes no,are you in open air or in a shed ?

If this question was directed towards me, then open air. The dew I got the night before was like very fine rain falling though my laser beam... The rain forest thing was me being melodramatic :)

Dripping wet and hazy all night last night.

Tonight isn't quite as bad on the dew front, although it's far frm good, but the haze seems worse.

If it doesn't improve I'll call it quits before too long, as I got to bed at 5.40 this morning and then had to be up at 9....feeling rather tired now!

Rob