SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A few snaps while on tour...

Sandra and I have just spent the last couple of weeks (motorcycle) touring around Spain, France and Switzerland. We camped each night and enjoyed some fabulous night skies, I'm no astrophotographer but I amused myself with a few snaps as we enjoyed our camp food, wine and beers. Nothing fantastic and all taken on my Canon S95 compact mounted on a very lightweight tripod. So here goes.....

For the first two we were camped in an orchard just outside the village of St Martin Vesubie which is around 40 km north of Monaco

StMartinVestubie02.jpg

StMartinVestubie01.jpg

For the next we were camped near the town of Barcelonette still in the French Alps

Barcelonette.jpg

After a long day in the saddle we were struggling to find a nice place to camp when we found a small farm site high up in the French Alps near the town of Bourg St Maurice - perfection itself

Valezan.jpg

The last one is taken from Grindelwald with The Eiger and Jungfrau in the lower half of the picture. The bright light on the ridge is a mountain refuge

Grindelwald.jpg

As I said they aren't perfect by any means but they caught the moment.

Dave & Sandra

Archived