Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Swift 831

tosh

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone.

@swag72 -

Thanks, I've no idea which newsagents will stock "Sky At Night" - certainly wont be my local one, lol. I'll try WHsmiths ?

Faulksy & tbird -

Maybe we should reminisce about Allspeed's, K&N's, Reeds and Powerband's - Is there anything finer to a young lad than an LC, A Clear View and 6000rpm. - Oh' the near misses!!

Cheers for the link John, I managed to print it off today - I now know I'm missing the "TA-8 Star Diagonal Prism" - and, that the eyepieces I have are the discontinued 24.5mm (.97") fitting. Is it possible to buy an adapter to use the modern 1 1/4" fitting? Does anyone know where besides E**y I could hope to locate the star diagonal prism.

I think before I venture out with the swift, I ought to become familiar with the night sky using bin's (got lots of them - big grin). That way, if a certain little fellow should pass by I can simply hide them. Make no mistake, if little man saw my scope......No no....I dread to think.

I'm gonna' pop into the loft, I'm sure I had a planishere.....somewhere??

Catch you all later.

Tosh

• 1 month later...

Archived