SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First guided astrophoto M31

Liliensternus

Hello,

This is my the result of my first guided astrophotography session. So far i have only taken a few other photos on an NEQ5 mount with a canon 300D without guiding so i am thrilled at the difference guiding makes on an image.

Canon 500D, ED80 with 0.75x reducer, guided with 70/250mm guidescope and Meade DSI 1/ PHD guiding on an NEQ6 mount.

Lights - 22, 5 min subs, iso 800

Darks - 22

Offset/Bias - 22

Stacked in DSS and processed in PS using the books by Jerry Lodriguss and DugDogs tutorials on youtube.

Did not pull on the histogram too much and would prefer another 22 subs at 10 minutes to pull out the periphery.

Had one hell of time with saturation because it was set to 0 in DSS and took me a while to realize it.

Hope you like it and i await your criticisms.

post-29373-133877666796_thumb.jpg

What do you recommend saturation be upped too before saving the image for processing in PS? Or does it typically depend on the stacked image?

I've been trying to process some images from M31 and having a hard time extracting the detail, although I think I need to get some flats (too late now its not a permanent setup).

Archived