Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Uranium235

A good week in store?

From the forecast, its looking great from Wednesday onwards for the majority of the UK (bar Scotland, where it seems to have been raining for a century!).

Lets hope it turns out to be correct so we can get some serious sessions in. By the weekend I will be expecting to see a truckload of new posts in the deep sky section :p

Yes I have also seen the good prospects! Hoping we can have a reversal of the terrible cloudy nights I have had here for the last week and a half (fingers crossed).

has been brutal up here recently but is clearing up just now, looks promising

fingers crossed chaps

Just looked at metcheck and the four nights I'm at Galloway Star Party it shows completely clear evenings/nights.

Nah, I'd not hold off. If the weather turns out to be great then you'll be kicking yourself for not ordering it, and if it's rubbish we'll all have someone to blame :p

James

Ah, not just me then. I thought my weather app had broken! Five clear nights in a row. I'll sleep next week.

I get the impression there might be an awful lot of tired people about by the end of the week :p

James

Nah, I'd not hold off. If the weather turns out to be great then you'll be kicking yourself for not ordering it, and if it's rubbish we'll all have someone to blame :p

That's what I was afraid of ;)

Hah! The Met Office are already starting to step away from their predictions. The two closest locations to me that they give forecasts for were claiming this morning would be sunny from 10am when I checked at around 8am. Now they're both overcast for the next fifteen hours or thereabouts.

If they can't manage to get it right a few hours in advance, I'm certainly not going to hold out much hope for the remainder of the week.

James

Clear blue skies here in Basildon after a rather foggy start. Let's hope it continues through the afternoon and evening. Rather too much wandering cloud recently for my taste!

Well ive just checked sat24 and its starting to clear over central England already, I might in fact be able to make a start tonight.

Although, the UK seems to be surrounded by a load of cloud, I just hope it stays where it is and doesnt make its way inland. Time for a clear sky dance and a sacrafice to the weather gods :p

We seem to be right on the cloud line of a North/South divide here in North Wales. If you check the infra red sat image on the Met Office's site, it's quite alarming if you progress it mentally(Often more accurate than the forecasters)

Still clear(ish) here, a few high wisps knocking about but ive got the scope out & cooling anyway :p

Very rare in South Wales but the sky is nice and clear, and for a few day to come so they say cross fingers.Mark

Now guiding and taking pics, the RA guiding graph is a bit "spikey" but it shouldnt have too much impact on the subs. As long as I get two or three hours in I'll be happy :p

post-18171-133877667253_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uranium235

The Cloud Gods have to have a holiday sometime, lets face it they have been a real pain this year.