SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SkyWatcher 250p Renovation project

Kaminovs

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on a great refurbishment - the scope is looking superb. On assasincz question regarding flocking, this product only 'improves' contrast by default, as it prevents loss of any contrast which sounds like splitting hairs but its important to clarify expectations. This is still a really useful product which is certainly a worthy modification and I would argue that the difference is noticeable.

Many thanks for sharing your photos of the project which has been very inspiring.

James

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

I have been fortunate enough to purchase this scope of Kaminovs, and I just thought I would say that he has truly done a great job.

Kaminovs - I know you was sad to see the scope go, but I promise it has gone to a good home and it will get plenty of use, cloud permitting.

Many thanks :)

An informative and inspiring post. Thanks

Yeah very inspirational, so much so I thought to myself "I can do that" and bought a scope that needed some TLC from eBay. When it arrived I thought, "OMG what have I done!". But with lots of encouragement from my other half, i have started to disassemble it and do some repairs. Its probably going to take me months to finish it.....

Tony

• 4 years later...

Archived