SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Spiral Bound edition of Turn Left at Orion

marineBLU28

Was just to say that I have just got a new copy of Turn Left at Orion which has just been updated to it's Fourth edition and now comes as a large format spiral bound softcover which is really good for using in the field, my original fell apart last year after years of use!

A classic book, :p everyone should have a copy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other book sites that are good to use alternatives to Amazon also sometimes cheaper...

Free delivery worldwide on all books from The Book Depository

Book search for left turn orion - page 1 - at The Book Depository

Play.com (UK): DVDs, Music CDs, MP3s, Video Games, Books, Electronics & Gadgets - Free Delivery

Home - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

Amazon is Price: £19.64 estimated 1-3 weeks

Book depository is:£17.24 estimated 4 days

I think I will preorder from Book depository lol

Agree Book Depositary is an excellent site. I'm slightly (and cleverly on their part) bound to Amazon as I pay the yearly fee for Prime delivery. I need the gratification of next day delivery - when in stock in this case.:p

I guess I will be 2 GBP closer to a new filter by buying from BD ;)

MarineBLU28 congratulations on getting hold of your copy, you must be one of the first. In talking with Cambridge Press, they indicated that amongst the new changes in this 4th edition, there was supposed to be a special section addressed to dobsonian users, which is in recognition of the increase in aperture that new people with these scopes are now starting out with. Is there anything in the contents pages that verifies this new section?

James

MarineBLU28 congratulations on getting hold of your copy, you must be one of the first. In talking with Cambridge Press, they indicated that amongst the new changes in this 4th edition, there was supposed to be a special section addressed to dobsonian users, which is in recognition of the increase in aperture that new people with these scopes are now starting out with. Is there anything in the contents pages that verifies this new section?

James

When they give the objects about DSO like M42 etc, it shows you what the object would look like through a Dobsonian which I believe is 10" according to the book.

Rxed my copy this morning too via Amazon Prime, which im on a trial with. Very pleased with the updates and the 'easier to use at the scope spirals'!

Yeah, I know I could've saved a couple of quid Smeg, your'e right about that, but I don't mind at the moment, he he. Anyway I already have enough filters that I don't seem to use that much, lol.

Doc

Archived