SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bloopers

daz

Right, I'm not too proud to admit I've set up and tried to locate objects with the finder lens cap still on! :clouds1:

I've also built and computer and had problems getting the sound card configured correctly and then realized a didn't have the speakers turned on.

I've spent an entire evening trying to get a toucam to give me a LX exposure - all the software said it was doing stuff but I was getting nothing. after several hours I decided to pack everyhting away and have a go another night.

After packing away and climbing into bed it suddenly dawned on me that you have to flick the switch to go from normal to LX mode.

Ant

Daz,

Yeah, I though I was in for a good night!! The most confusing time was when I took the cap off the finder but left the one on the scope, I thought I was just WAY out of focus. It took me a good 30 seconds to suss what was wrong!

Gaz

This is probably a fairly common one for complete beginners....

What I first got my first EQ mount, I could not figure out why the RA would not track correctly. I had the scope off, turned it through 180 degrees on the dec axis, still nothing. It took me several wasted nights before I read the instuctions that came with the mount, and found the passage about polar aligning.

Well, come on - who reads the instructions anyway????

lol,

One of my biggest blooper's was done about 2 months ago, i setup the HEQ5 mount for rough polar aignmentnot bothering to centre polaris etc etc, got my camera ready for some short exposures of 5 secs(m27). After 30 mins of wondering why it wasnt tracking at all and after checking batteries and power for the drives i packed the camera away and began to eat my Tea....5 mins later i went out side and the mount was pointing South :shock: :clouds1: what a Twit!

James :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds2:

I always love jumping into a new thing, not reading the instructions and getting on with it, then a few weeks/months later, your bored or you need some feature so you read the instructions and find all of these other features you've been missing this whole time....

Don't even go there steve, I used to work for Demon Internet and some of the bods that phone up are priceless.

I was sitting next to a guy that took a call from someone who said his PC wasn't working. I didn't hear the entire call as I had my own idiots to talk to.

But the long and short of it was that the PC didn't come on, neither did the monitor. The guy got the customer to check that the leads were plugged into the wall - they were.

Then he asked the bloke to check the connection into the box and monitor - the reply was that he couldn't see down very well cause it was dark.

Can you turn the light on then, answer no sorry w're in the middle of a power cut.

honest truth - heard it with my own ears - well one half of the conversation... and it took him a hell of a lot longer to find out about the power cut than it appears from the above post.

Ant

do you guys kow

i used ot work on a helpdesk myself for three years, and i dealt with some right lunes there.

Reading ur posts and remembering my experiences just go to remind me as to why i run the company that i do

Al

by there way,

today i was showing a female rep around my home. We rent and its an inspections.

My wife likes me to be there as i winge like an old woman and distract her from looking around. It usually works.

This time the winge was about rubbish collectios. Yes i have been taking piccies of rubbish today. Another sotry.

Anyway, i told thw lady that the usual rep i spoke to was of dumb blonde mentality. Until i looked up and realised she was also a blonde. Whoops

Another blooper.

Was at a friends party, and one of her mates drops by. My friend is expecting and shows off baby clothes. my mates mate then makes a comment, and i ask her when the baby was due.

I swiftly place myself in the doghouse there as she was over weight, NOT pregant.

It took the paramedics to remove the size nine from my mouth!

Another blooper.

Was at a friends party, and one of her mates drops by. My friend is expecting and shows off baby clothes. my mates mate then makes a comment, and i ask her when the baby was due.

I swiftly place myself in the doghouse there as she was over weight, NOT pregant.

It took the paramedics to remove the size nine from my mouth!

LOL! That happened to me about 15 years ago.....I didn't know what to say, luckily the girl was fine about it

I used to know a guy who worked in the RAC call center in Bristol - he actually brought some of the tapes in from motorists who had broken down.

One in particular we heard was a woman who had broken down on holiday.

"Hello Madam your through to the RAC - How can I help you "

"I've broken down" Said the woman.

"Ok Madam not a problem.........Can you give me your membership number please"

"Yes it's Blah, Blah, Blah"

"Yes thats fine.................Now can you give me your location please"

"What do you mean" Said the woman.

"Your location please....Where are you" Said my mate

"How don't you know where I am, you have my number and the make and model of my car, you must know where I am, what do I pay all this membership for!!.

It gets better!!

After several minutes of persuading the woman that he didn't know wher she was.......

"Are there any signs to tell where you are" Said my mate.

"No I can't see any" She repied

"Anything will do, a name of a pub a road sign anything so that we can find you" Said my mate.

" Hang on  I can see a big road sign in the distance - i'll go and have a look" She says.

After several minutes - this woman comes back to the phone all out of breath......."I know wher I am now" She says.

"Well, what does the sign say". Says my mate.

"It says WELCOME TO DEVON"        :shock: :clouds1: :clouds1: :clouds1:

Greg

I had a motorcycle accident last year and was recieving physio for a damaged hip.

One of my last sessions involved a rush home from work - quick shower and change of clothes - and a formula 1 style drive to the physio.

After the usual - remove your clothes etc, the physio (Who was rather attractive young thing) asked me to bend over and touch my toes, which I could just about manage!

She started giggling and she said "You got dressed in a hurry!!"

I relised that I'd put my boxers on back to front, hadn't done the little buttons up and my a*se was sticking out the back!

Ho Hum!

Greg

Spud i love it, "do those legs not extend"

One of my problems is sometimes misreading things.

here are are couple.

In a supermarket, a "foodhall" sign was misread as "football"

In A and E dept, a sign reading, any non emrgency problems, please CONSULT your GP

I Read, "Any non emergency problems please INSULT your GP.

No idea why i do it, but thee you go :-)

Al

Archived