SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Nottingham

regulus

Hello from Regulus

I come from Nottingham, view the moon (when its blinding out almost everything else :D), planet(s) that are visible at any time & any deep sky objects that I can find with my novice experience. Have viwed Hale Bop when it crossed the sky, missed observing McNaught/McNought recently, never glimpsed it.

Planning on joining the Ilkeston & District Ast. Society in the near future, if theyre foolish enough to let me,

Welcome Regulus - how does the William Optics 132mm compare with your 200mm scope?

The 132mm W.Optic scope is awesome :D I bought it in a 'moment of madness' from The widescreen Centre in London, a shop I can recommend to anybody. Went with intention of buying a S.Watcher 120mm ED scope, Widescreen were only dealer in England who had one. I asked if I could look at the William Optics range for a comparison, Fatal!! The quality difference is unbelievable. The Skywatcher 80mm ED I have is very good, I would recommend it, the 132mm is something else. Bright, razor sharp, high contrast observing. Big but not bad to handle.

The image brightness is virtually as good in both the 200mm Newtonian & the 132mm refractor, Saturn, Lunar viewing are superior with the 132mm scope. The HEQ5 mount/tripod handles both these scopes, just! Simon @ Widescreen says the 132mm W.Optic scope is superb for imaging through. Good on DSO's too, Ive found. 8)

Archived