SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Norwich

colonel cluster

Hi to all

Have been into astronomy now for 3 years and have built up a fair few scopes in that time, i live in Norwich and have the fortunacy of getting out to a friends for some nice dark sky viewing at the weekends - far enough out from the city to see the faint skyglow of LP on the horizon. In fact my 8" Dobsonian lives round there along with one or two other scopes - saves on lugging them around and filling up my home. Does anyone out there own or know much about the Skywatcher 120 ST, i am considering adding this to my current list of scopes.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for the welcome all and thanks for heads up on the 120ST Steve, i have a baader fringe killer to ease the CA a bit, and intend using the scope for low-mid power DSO viewing. Will give a report on it soon, i'm off to Snowdonia National Park for a weeks break soon which will give me a chance to test it out along with the 102 MCT for company.

Cheers

Dave

NORWICH :shock:!!! Hello from the Tractor Boy near Ipswich! :D

Just got a 120mm Evostar as it was only £85 on Astro Buy and Sell (couldn't resist). This is the f/8.3 which if I understand correctly makes it less prone to CA????

Enjoy the forum - very friendly bunch on here.

Bill£ :D

Hi. Dave and a warm welcome from me too, I hope you have a great time here.

Enjoy your Snowdonia trip. Maybe you could post a few pics. here when you get back.

Colonel Hey? You outrank our Captain Chaos. I notice we don't appear to have any NCO's in this group.

Unless they're all in the NAAFI. :D

Ron. :D

Archived