SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Falling satalite in the news

Leegsi

Unlikely, though there are a number of possible tracks going near to the uk. Africa seems to be at the centre of the predicted window. Who knows, it would be nic for someone to get a video of it.... Keep your fingers off any bits that land, it's not the sharpmedges I would worry about the beryllium..... Not a nice metal at the best of times. Let PC plod poison himself instead of you.

Cheers

PEterW

PS I missed the last shuttle passes too!

Looking at the latest predictions, if it re-enters towards the later part of the predicted window it could well end up passing over the UK from south-east to north-west. If it's on time though it looks like it will end up in the middle of the Pacific.

James

Omg! I think i saw it passing overhead while at Kelling! I saw with naked eye an Bright orange target slighty less bright than jupitor. In bins i noticed it was rectangular with two sticks on its side. What colour is the ISS when observed as it may have been that.

The ISS is VERY bright, like a fast orbiting sirius only brifghter. It also moves at a steady speed. If you think you saw the UAR, and you are in the UK, then you would not have seen it unless it was almost on the horizon to the south/southwest. (I think!).

Archived