Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

johnrt

M33 - Triangulum Galaxy

I've been working on this image since I got my new Orion ED80T CF at the end of August and have just pieced enough images together to give my new scope it's debut.

Terrible weather guaranteed with every new piece of kit, or your money back!

The image is an LRGB with Baader 1.25" filters & Atik 314l+ through my Orion ED80T CF. Exposure time is 5 hours.

I wouldn't consider this completed, I could maybe add some Ha & as I type the gear is still out gathering some more Lum to smooth it out a little more, but I wanted to get that first image out of the way with the new gear.

Hope you like it!

6173174065_00aae82e30_b.jpg

Wow.

Great image, I love the purple and blue in the galaxy and how you've been able to bring out the different stages of the surrounding stars by their colours.

Wow.

Great image, I love the purple and blue in the galaxy and how you've been able to bring out the different stages of the surrounding stars by their colours.

Thank you! There's nothing like some pretty stars to finish off an image.

This image was a long time coming together, but I feel it justifies the outlay on the new scope as I would never have been able to achieve this with my old Megrez 72.

Great image, love the colours.

I'm suffering with new scope clouds as well, it can't stay cloudy for ever can it!

Wow this is a corker, love the detail in the star forming nebula you have caught.

WOW, very nice!!!!! I have forgotten how to take images of real starformations but have quite a few of CLOUDS, I think i have every kind of cloud on vid now. :glasses2:

Very beautiful image, i like the colours, very good balance:)

Great image, love seeing M33, although its so dim you pulled out a ton of detail. Great job.

Edited by JohnnyD333

Again, thanks one and all for the great comments.