Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 - Triangulum Galaxy

johnrt

I've been working on this image since I got my new Orion ED80T CF at the end of August and have just pieced enough images together to give my new scope it's debut.

Terrible weather guaranteed with every new piece of kit, or your money back!

The image is an LRGB with Baader 1.25" filters & Atik 314l+ through my Orion ED80T CF. Exposure time is 5 hours.

I wouldn't consider this completed, I could maybe add some Ha & as I type the gear is still out gathering some more Lum to smooth it out a little more, but I wanted to get that first image out of the way with the new gear.

Hope you like it!

6173174065_00aae82e30_b.jpg

Wow.

Great image, I love the purple and blue in the galaxy and how you've been able to bring out the different stages of the surrounding stars by their colours.

Thank you! There's nothing like some pretty stars to finish off an image.

This image was a long time coming together, but I feel it justifies the outlay on the new scope as I would never have been able to achieve this with my old Megrez 72.

Archived