Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Grovers NorthA celestron day

andyc277

hi Andy

I'm not going to the celestron open day (i've spent far to much this year i don't need to be tempted again) but i'm part of York AS so i will be at sutton bank and if its clear i am planning on doing some imaging and hope to show people some nice little things

glen.

Nowthen kids,

Ah so Marcus is having an open day eh! Cool. And an observing session at Sutton Bank? More details would be great :p

I managed to wangle him (M. Grover) into helping out at the Deershed Festival in July when I was asked by the event founder to do some astro-dome work and observing sessions there. Marcus has some alright stock to be honest, everything ranging from beginner to amateur professional, and he stocks accessories aswell, you'd have to travel a fair distance to find another dealer in these parts so its quite good.

Do remember him mentioning a Celestron rep visiting, this must be it.

Direct Quote from the booklet i picked up in store:

Grovers are hosting a CELESTRON Open Day.

Try a range of Telescopes Spotting Scopes and Binoculars - Ask the Experts

From 6.00pm - York AStronomy Society Invite You

Stargazing of the Night Sky &

Illustrated Talks in the Centre Tearooms

£3 Adults £1.50 Children Under 5s FRee

First Talk 6.30pm

Had a great night last night got to meet some interesting people and see some lovely stuff. Telescope has been decided on, Skywtacher 200p, it had been in the running and luckily some had one set up last night.

Glen, it was really nice to put a face , albeit in the dark, to a name.

The 2 guys that did the talks did a good job and clearly know their stuff, even when challenged by primary school aged children.

The new sky prodigy 130 that MArcus was showcasing yesterday looks a hell of a piece of kit and the fact that it doesnt need aligned because it does it itself is going to be amazing use for soem people. Personally the manual finding of objects is half the fun.

Again thanks to the organisers for a fab night

It was a good night at Sutton Bank and I am sorry I missed you Andy, myself and another YAS member were quite busy and especially with two mature ladies who arrived with a new 127 Mac GOTO and not able to use it, the same old story I am afraid. I visited Grovers to have a look at Celestrons new baby, the scope and what it can do is quite impressive, but the mount they have put it on, well thats another story.

John.

I agree that the scope is a fantastic piece of kit, the fact it is capable of aligning itself shows the steps observing has taken technologically

John, Helping damsels in distress is more important.

Im in, if its after the 11th. When and where?

Can make Sutton Bank anytime really. I know there's a farm on the left about 1 mile from there heading towards Helmsley and that that has a little track down past it that opens out, has great views North, East and South horizons and good viewing for all other cardinal points above 10 degrees.

Archived