Narrowband

wot no posts !

blacksaltire

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all... north lanarkshire as well. seems quiet in this area -- probably the lack of telescope supply shops in scotland to blame. Wish i had a stash of cash to open one up - i can see a gap in the market here, especially with the close decent dark sky locations we have here perfect for stargazing.

Hi Dave,

It's been a while since I checked here...... it's not very active in here because most of us are members of Central Scotland Observers Group (CSOG)..... which has it's own dedicated website for arranging observing sessions in the region.

Feel free to follow the link in my signature... there is at least one member of Glasgow Astro Soc who I'm sure would be happy to give you info about it.

His username is - Albireo380 (Tom), feel free to PM him (I'm sure he would be happy to help), I think that might also be his username on SGL as well. :)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, just joined up to csog, awaiting approval! Would love to get to some meet ups. I'm good on the bus/train, only got a 5 inch reflector so it's fairly simple to break down and carry. Although, could most probably badger a friend for a lift! Live in Clydebank. My favourite observing site round here is the Old Kilpatrick hills, nice and dark, if you go up and over for even a little bit, it's completely dark!

Max

• 3 weeks later...

just new to this malarkey!

bought my first scope in January 2011, a 76/700, as i said first scope but it was not what i wanted, good to see jupiter and it's moons but no detail, only detail i could get was on the moon, anyways i have just purchased a skymax 127 goto, hopefully i have done my homework and it is a good scope anybody got any reviews on this???:)

• 2 weeks later...

It's not best suited to DSO's, really. If you've got that money to spend and you want an Alt/AZ arrangement then the Skywatcher Skyliner 200P FlexTube GOTO is not a great deal more and it's a lot better suited, also has a similar focal length so planets will be just about as big.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

In Carluke,South Lanarkshire (much better than Wishaw:D ). Just getting into this malarky & have been bothering the life out of the experts on the begginers advice thread as to what is the best scope to buy.

I am quite lucky I am just outside of Carluke & a neighbour owns the field over the back which is well away from any streetlights etc. When I decide on what scope, mindboggling stuff choosing the right one & accessories, which will probably be next week or so ,I'll let you all know how I get on & maybe arrange a gathering in the field.

Clear skies

Brian

Archived