SW Equinox 66 APO - What reducer?

Until recently the only reducer/flattener I have ever owned and used is the WO FFIII... I bought it from Ian King Imaging after discussing "current" and future likely fracs... when I had the SW EQ-66 and have used it on it and the WO Megrez72 ..

I guess SW do something suitable these days...

I used to love My 66 until its focuser came to a sticky end after the old obs roof fell on it after I tried to put it back after a freezing all nighter ...

It might be worth looking into the TsFlat2 offering from Teleskop Service... as it seems pretty flexible ...

Universelle Bildfeldebnung für Refraktoren von f/5 bis f/8

Or a Televue TRF-2008

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/catalogue/tele-vue-trf-2008-reducer-flattener.htm

• 1 month later...

Has anyone successfully reduced an Equinox 66? what is there set up, Im considering one for wide field and havnt come accross any solutions as yet..

Ideally am looking to reduce it to around 300-350mm

Cheers

The WO FFII or the TRF 2008 was recommended to me. I decided to give it a go without and see how it goes. I'm still waiting for an adaptor for the trutek wheel at the moment, so no first light at all.

Cool... looking forward to seeing the results..

Archived