SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lunar Observing Imaging

PunkJay

Evenin' all,

Tried the SCB-2000 out with some lunar observing last night while I was waiting for the clouds to clear last night.

I must say that observing the moon with the Samsung is not very rewarding, however once processed the resulting image is quite good (in my newbie opinion of course!).

Link to the imaging forum post:

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-lunar/155815-first-attempt-lunar-imaging.html#post1948569

cs,

- Jason

Hi Jason.

Must be a refractor thing. I use mine through a newt and I find it knocks spots off my spc900.

I don't know if it something to do with using a focal reducer that is creating your dissapointment with it.

I have absolutley no experience with focal reducers so I cannot comment or offer advice but there are some rearly helpful people on this forum who will be able to help.

Have you tried DSO's with it yet?

That is to be my next challange with the sbc2000 after I have removed the ir filter this weekend.

graham

If you remove the filter and are using a frac... then you can end up with "softer" images as the IR wavelengths that you are now allowing through don't come to focus at the same point as the visible wavelenghts...

The problem will be worse with Achromats and "Semi-APO" Doublets

I use either a UV/IR cut filter for visible viewing/capture or an IR pass filter for NIR viewing it really a case of one or the other...

A purely mirror based setup wont suffer the same problem...

Peter...

Archived