Is this software out there?

swag72

I have asked before about how to go back to the same target every night and one of the suggests was Als Reticule. Well, tried it last night and it didn't suit me at all. What I want is the following;

1) Open up my reference image

2) Open up the new image

3) Be able to put image over the other so I can see what needs to be where.

4) As I take another image, be able to keep putting it over the reference frame until I get it just where I want it.

Does that make sense and is that available? I'm hoping that there is something specifically for astro work as I 'm sure that's doable in PS, but that doesn't run on my astro field PC.

Wasn't there a reply for some software that allowed you to adjust the transparency of the display windows and overlap the images?

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-discussion/153899-how-do-you-get-back-same-target-night-after-night.html#post1933272

Did you try it?

I found this.... but its only "free" for 7 days...

http://download.cnet.com/Actual-Transparent-Window/3000-18487_4-10138522.html

Also doesnt APT allow you to use a framing image form a previous session?

I have just been having a play with the transparency software .. It works OK - you just select the window name that you want ot make transparent and adjust the slider.....

I guess the important thing is that the previous and current nights images will need to be displayed at exactly the same scale for it to work...

Peter...

Just thought I'd post a little update to this. I downloaded the Chaos Crystal software as recommended by Komet in my previous thread. I had taken a reference frame last night, so after some messing about and struggling to work out which way the handset actually moved the scope, I lined last nights refernce up with tonights sub pretty well.

All in all, a great piece of software and it did just what I was looking for. I always thought that aligning was going to be almost impossible, but now I'm pleased with how it worked.

HURRAH!!!

Archived