Narrowband

Test New forum

RayGil

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello to all at Cumbrian Skies.

I have put a few photo's in my albums feel free to have a peek, all comments welcome, I'll always be learning thats for sure!! must get my focusing sorted amongst other things.:icon_confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi again folks, just moved house (who would move house 19th Dec !! ?) and got my internet back on :p.

The evening light from Whitehaven is a little more than I hoped it would be...just need to get some clear skies and gale-force wind free nights to find out

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon guys,

I'm from near Shap in cumbria, can I join your lovely little social group? Got a new scope for Christmas and it'd be nice to go on a "proper" observing session with some knowledgable types.

Hope all is well with you guys. Here's hoping the wind dies down soon

Hi!

I should have introduced myself properly too, I'm Ted, pleased to meet you :(

Santa, the wonderful thing that he is, brought me a Skywatcher 200p on a EQ5 mount, which will soon (I hope) have a Synscan unit attched to him.

Can't wait to have a proper test with it, I've had nothing but gale force winds so far, had a play with collimation and definitly improved my lunar images, but the atmosphere insists on not playing ball.

Do you guys have a get together ever? Could be a lot of fun :o Take over Hartside cafe or something one night :p

Hi I'm lee.

I bought a etx125 over a year ago, just gathered dust in my house, caused quite the trip hazard! Viewed the moon a couple of times!

Went out tonight, the sky was very bright with the full moon but managed to see the markings on Venus and was really impressed! I'm hoping to see a galaxy if possible with my kit, but trying to find a clear / dry / still night without the full moon might be difficult!

I joined the group hope that's ok

Lee

Welcome to the group Lee.

You'll need dark skies to see a galaxy.

Well done for seeing markings on Venus. All I have ever seen of Venus is a bright white object so I don't usually bother with it.

Take a look a Jupiter. You should see cloud belts and up to four moons.

Hi Lee,

I popped out last night and for the first time saw markings on Venus too! I was really surprised! Jupiter was good last night too a little later on, though the moon was a pain. I tried some imaging of the Great Orion Nebula and basically ended up with a near blue sky due to the Moon, so I'll be going out later in the month I think instead.

Archived