SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter and Harvest moon timelapse

Quatermass

If you have an SLR camera just get your self a shutter timer mine is the JJC Tim Series TM-D runs on 2 AAA battery's and lasts for hours easy to use.

Set my camera to manual with an ISO of 800 shutter speed of 25 seconds and app setting of F11. The timer was set for 30 second intervals and I took 308 shots over a 2 hour period. Finished in Picasa and Microsoft movie maker.

Easy to do just put the camera in the right place on a tripod set the timer running and go back to your telescope and observe Jupiter while your waiting have a go its great fun and very addictive:)

Heres a pic of the timer I used for the timelapse. note this is a TM-D model you may need a different one for your camera so double check before getting one. Works with bulb setting as well and so far has given me no trouble at all controlling the camera which is a LumixG1

41vpwUw1o%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Archived