SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Haven't observed for almost 4 months - you?

Alkaid

Due to summer and the terrible weather we have experienced this September, the thought struck me that I have not used my scope at all for about 4 months. How dis-heartening!

What's the longest break you've had?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cloud has been truely awful the last couple of months. I was hoping to get a good night for viewing down around Sagittarius, but it never came. I've also been hoping for an obvious night for getting a good early morning view of Jupiter, but that never came either - not helped by my being whacked from work. I guess at least I've got the supernova and Garradd in.

Haven't used mine since May! I mostly do planets anyway so I am waiting for Jupiter to rise at a slightly more respectable hour!

When I first got into astronomy I was obsessed with it all. Now I still enjoy it, but it has to fit in around other things!:(

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but I've managed 80 observing sessions this year. And to go against the weather gods I picked up a 10" dob yesterday and got to use it last night When I picked up my 6" f/8 frac nearly two years ago I only observed twice in two months so I've paid my dues.

I know there's no point in comlaining about the weather but I a miserable old codger so I'm going to anyway. The weather in the south east corner of England has been totally pants. I bought a 127 mak 4 months ago, I've managed to use it twice and that was in the garden. I haven't even had the chance to use the power tank, I think we may have fallen out of favour with the gods and they're punishing us astronomer types.

Last night and tonight are the first two full clear nights I've seen for weeks, and I'm stuck at work. Excellent! I've only had my scope for three weeks and have had it out for a couple of hours at most. Good ol' British weather

Not used my scope for quite a while, sometimes I just can't be bothered. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but until I get a good planetary scope, I'm finding I'm using my scope less and less. I have, however, been to Portugal recently and the viewing is truely amazing... sadly though I did not have any equipment with me - the milky way was stunning just with the naked eye!! :-0

The weather has been bad around here, but I have managed to get some observing done, sometimes by quickly getting outside with the bins, sometimes by moving temporarily to another country (France, this summer vacation), but I also logged a few very good sessions. Besides, despite June, July and August being pretty dreadful in the Netherlands, March April and May were outstanding, so I suppose it evens out.

Archived