SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Just bought an SCB4000 but no power supply!

jonathancd

Hello,

I am looking forward to entering the video astronomy and have just bough an SCB4000. The version I have did not come with a power supply and I am having troublye trying to find one. It does not have a normal powerinput but looks like you need to attach to bare wires into a slot. Also I cannot see which slot is positive or negative:icon_scratch:.

Ideally I would like to have the option of running it off the mains and 12v jumpstarter. I would be grateful for any advice about how and where to get a suitable supply and about how to connect the wires.

thanks for your help

Jonathan

Have a look at my "what else do I need to buy?" thread on the social group, but in short I ordered one of these

12V VOLT 1 AMP DC POWER ADAPTER SUPPLY CCTV SECURITY | eBay

and one of these

2.1mm Jack & Socket Power Plugs for RG59+2 CCTV Cable | eBay

then spliced from the adapter to the terminals on the camera. Works fine.

i was lucky with my 2000 (it being the ntsc version) it came with a powersupply, but that had a american plug one end and 2 bare wires which i had to "screw" into the slots (very much like the way a plug is wired) it dosent matter which one, but one thing to remember, it is designed as a CCTV camera which dosent move at all after being installed so tape the cables back up so no bare wire is showing!

Archived