SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Please be clear tonight!

Uranium235

been on the pc a while, just happened to spin around and am being watched thru the french doors by the biggest brightest full moon just popping over the houses behind... sky looks clear as, its so bright and windy its prob all i will see of any worth tonight, but it'll do for me!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its lovely and clear here near Tamworth. Although light polluted. I took the dog out and was able to see quite a few stars. Jeez wish I had a scope now, but have to be patient. Forgive me if Im telling you guys something you already know, but Vega which I just learned to spot, will some day be the Northern Pole Star as it was long long ago. Just somat I read about. Sorry if its off topic.

Tell me about it :) Looks straightforward but I never found em, but the it's quite difficult for me to search overhead with a refractor.

Found the ring nebula 2 weeks ago, but that meant kneeling on the patio and cranking my neck :)

Its clear here in the midlands at time of posting, but is very windy and even in my obsy the scope is being wobbled a bit, it just ruined at least two 15 min exposures...

So the first clear night in ages, nearly full moon and high winds.........do you think somebody is trying to tell us something!!!!!

I just spent 20 mins trying to find Comet garrad with my 15x70s, but not a glimpse, moon washing it out I think

We got stung by the patch of cloud hanging over surrey and hampshire. It rolled in as soon as we got the scopes set-up and we ended up aborting after an hour and a half of catching glimpses of the moon and jupiter in the cloud breaks, both were boiling too.

All the forecasts gave clear skies except for the trusted 'see it for yourself' sat24!

Rest of the south looked clear though so hope some of you guys are getting a good session in.

Forecast is pretty rubbish for the rest of the week and weekend but that maybe wrong too.

It might be the first clear night in what seems ages (must be at least a month!). Looks a bit windy for imaging, but I'll still try :)

If the imaging doesnt work out, I'll be happy with some visual.

UGH I know what you mean. I fired up my NEQ6 earlier on, thinking it was clearing up (it wasn't - clouds came back as soon as the dome was open!) and when it got to the date box, it read 09/01/2011. TWELVE DAYS. :(

Oh well. At least the cat likes to sit in the dome. And the roof sounds nice when its raining. :)

Just finished a decent NB session on M27, caught a few subs of the M101 supernova, had a gander at Jupiter and M45 with the bins, and an attempt at the Helix (though that one proved a little too tough). One downside though, the session was interrupted by my netbook power supply giving up the ghost (was on its last legs anyway) - looks like a trip to Maplins tomorrow lunchtime :)

I am glad it is practising for clear nights, Kelling Heath Star Party is just a week away, hopefully by then the weather will know what it is doing!

According to the beeb we have hail forecast for the weekend so I guess the weather is practising for winter. :)

Thankfully the nights are supposedly clear. :)

Archived