Heart Nebula

martin_h

Finished the mosaic last night and it was still clear so went on to this, 6 x 20 min subs in Ha with the ED80 & reducer, QHY9 all on a NEQ6.

THis may have been an image to far as the CCD packed up during this capture...oh well it was good while it lasted...

martin_h-albums-deep-sky-picture13373-heart-web.jpg

Its a great image Martin, but bad news about the camera, is it completely dead?

I think the peltier is caput, it went from -20 to +15 in 3 frames!

Ive had a word with Bern at Modern Astro, he's going to have a word with Mr.QHY and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

I think the peltier is caput, it went from -20 to +15 in 3 frames!

I bet its the control box. Mr QHY have some fun customer service. It wouldn't surprise me if as a stopgap measure to get you up and running again they tell you to get your soldering iron out whilst they send you a new box.

Happened to me on an upgrade and all done via a chatline on the PC. Had me going again very quickly and a new DC102 arrived a few days later.

Good I thought bearing in mind they are on the other side of the planet.

I bet its the control box. Mr QHY have some fun customer service. It wouldn't surprise me if as a stopgap measure to get you up and running again they tell you to get your soldering iron out whilst they send you a new box.

Happened to me on an upgrade and all done via a chatline on the PC. Had me going again very quickly and a new DC102 arrived a few days later.

Good I thought bearing in mind they are on the other side of the planet.

Ita not the control box....I have another one and have tried that, and a lead, its deffinatley the CCD thats gone.:(

Archived