SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New to the amateur astro community!

albusdlx

Hi Christian and welcome to the forum

Regarding the new kit, I would say that you might want to purchase a rigel red dot finder as the one that comes with the scope is a little too bright and a bit tricky to align - want to be honest! The scope itself is pretty good so you won't be disappointed on that score.

Clear skies

James

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome,

I own the same scope and is very good for price. The only thing I would say is the red dot finder seems to be a little bit like marmite, people either get on with it or don't. I didn't get on with mine one bit so ordered a seperate finder.

Other bits I would say is a good 2x Barlow and just see how you go. Also is worth trying to keep the astromaster together (if possible) as heard the joints can wear out if taken down and put up all the time.

All in all a very good scope for the price.

Sweden eh? I guess that means you can cram all your astronomy into 6 months without even losing much sleep!

Welcome to SGL. :)

Yeah, Sweden. It´s dark in the winter months. The sun goes down like 19-20.00. A big plus is the clear air and the big minus is the cold. Big thermos and thick shoes. =D

Hello from another Swedish newbie! :(

Då måste jag ju få säga HEJ! Bor man i Frankrike så kanske man saknar sitt modermål ibland! =)

^

Just said HI on swedish!

Again, this forum seems great.

Thank you everyone and I hope to become a long time member.

/Christian:hello2:

It´s official. Just saw jupiter and several moons. Not a single cloud on the day I finally could go and get my scope at the post office. Cool. Now I could need som better EP´s with a wider view.

Loving this. Stiff back and cold hands.

Hello,

I'd give the Astromaster the thumbs up. I have had a lot of fun out of mine. I've even managed to bag the supernova in m101 which I am really pleased about. It is still visible with averted vision if you know where to look!

Regarding the red-dot-finder that comes with the scope. With my 32mm EP that shows a lot of sky I am able to locate targets quite easily. With the standard low mag EP (20mm), it would be much harder.

dag123

Archived