Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New to the amateur astro community!

albusdlx

I just ordred my first real telescope, if you can all it that.

An AstroMaster 130EQ. I think it will be sufficient for me as a beginner. And i wondred, exept the obvious Moon, are there anything special a newcomer like my self must look for? Since I´m from Sweden many of you dont share the same night sky. But still?

And an/one other thing, has anyone anything to point ouy with regards to the equipment, AstroMaster 130EQ?

Any and all pointers taken!

Cheers: Christian a.k.a

Mr.Deluxe™

:)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just ordred my first real telescope, if you can all it that.

An AstroMaster 130EQ. I think it will be sufficient for me as a beginner. And i wondred, exept the obvious Moon, are there anything special a newcomer like my self must look for? Since I´m from Sweden many of you dont share the same night sky. But still?

And an/one other thing, has anyone anything to point ouy with regards to the equipment, AstroMaster 130EQ?

Any and all pointers taken!

Cheers: Christian a.k.a

Mr.Deluxe™

:)

hi i have a 127mm skywatcher and at moment jupitaers moons look good like stars but still looks goog through small scope only had my scope couple of months

Welcome to SGL, Christian!

Dana

Thank you, and the same to you all!

Will visit this forum regularly.

Cant wait, I want my scope to come TODAY! :)

Have been using an old army binoculars.

They will be in the trash the same day!

Haha

Hi Christian,

Welcome to SGL.

As has already been mentioned Jupiter is a must see at the moment.

Yes. i cheched it out with stellarium. And it simple enough to find. Since it pretty much is a waypoint for east just before the start of october. =D

Again, thanks for all the support. =D

Hi Christian and welcome to SGL :)

A few beginner objects I would suggest are Andromeda galaxy (M31), Pliades (M45), Orion Nebula (M42), the Moon and Jupiter of course. For a little more challenge try M13, M57, and Albireo double star.

That will give you a nice spread of different objects and a small challenge picking the right eye pieces to use. Enjoy the forum :)

Archived