SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello everyone!

Jessun

Hello to you all!

I am pleased to have found this page, indeed getting in to this hobby my Google searches often ended up right here and I spent quite some time tapping into your knowledge.

Having said that I am still a total novice lucky enough to have saved up for a setup that I think will keep me buzy for years to come.

I choose refractors because I think they are easier to manage for a novice and the 120 and 80 for me will be relatively easy to get them to switch rolls between guiding and photographing - at least that's my hope...

As often cited seeing Saturn for the first time made the hairs stand up on my neck and other small steps along the way up this steep learning curve was to see EQMOD say scope connected, and when PHD guiding said Guiding it was another "heureka".

I have a whole load of questions but they don't fit into the "hello" thread.

A few words about my self: I am 41, an utter Space nerd who's been going to KSC numerous times but never got closer to a shuttle launch than 2 hours... I have tried high pressure and low pressure chambers and I have taken a trip in G-Force 1 - a zero G aircraft. I have also tried 9 G's in a centrifuge. The video shelf is full of Space related material and I actually believe that we all live in a time when some answers will be provided! You all know the questions, and no the answer is not 42... (that's not even a prime for crying out loud!)

I am blown back by the imagination by the people involved in amateur astronomy. I don't know who came up with it, but someone out there looked at a webcam and thought "hm, I wonder what I can do with this?"

Only once did I come across some negative comments regarding newbies wanting to explore the skies and these comments related to the fact that this person only had a balcony to view from, and some comments were mocking the lack of full sky etc... Well, I am on the northern hemisphere - that's close to 50% of the Universe lost already isn't it?

But I only saw that once. Most threads are truly uplifting and encouraging and inspiring - heck they got me to blow my budget already...

So again Hello to you all, I am pleased to make your digital acquaintance and I am pleased to have joined this community of enthusiasts!

May your next night be clear, your alignment nigh on perfect and may no dew cloud your lenses or mirrors!

/Jessun

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all!

Yes the VC is one odd ride, well worth the dollars and it made it clear to me why between the mere 500+ people who ever went in LEO or deep space there is only three arguments on record. Basically it's so darn hard to be in a bad mood in zero G!

I hope to learn a lot from you all in the field of grass root human exploration!

You are an inspiring bunch!

/Jessun

Archived