Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

steelfixer

First Pic with SBC 2000

Good morning all,

Well I had a brilliant night capturing over 3 hours of video,

Most of it was of the Moon as I was trying different settings on the 2000.

I only have one slight problem and that is the external hard drive I store the data on has decided to lunch itself and I cannot retrieve any data from it.

I did however manage to get the first 16 frames of a 2500 frame AVI before it crashed.

Hope you like the result.

I must admit I am quite impressed with it compared to the Philips 900.

If I can figure out how to get a single frame 'screen shot' from it I will post it on the thread.

Thanks

Graham

post-26845-133877660012_thumb.jpg

Glad you got a chance to use it... looks fairly versatile :)

One of the HDD in my main PC decide to self destruct last night as well.. fortunately it was the smaller one that was only used for backups so I'll have to get another PDQ... although I also have the files backed up on external drives and blu-rays...

Edited by Psychobilly

Looks really good Steelfixer, can't wait to get mine up and running too.

Have you tried a screen grabber called "Zapgrab", just do a search for it. I use it and it's really easy to use.

one thing iv found is that hard drives hate being cold! lucky my macbook pro acts like a heatsync so it stays pretty warm when its in use, but anything else dosent like it :) hopefully you can get the infomation form there, it may just be an electrical problem

Hi all.

I am using Sharpcap through Ezcap.

My computers are all indoors as I have an obs set up.

The annoying thing is I could have created a complete mosaic of the entire moon with the footage I got last night.

The message I am getting from the hdd started as a cannot read corruption message and has now progressed to the computer being unable to connect to it at all.

Still hey ho the wonders of modern technolagy.

graham

Edited by steelfixer

Must be the weekend for PC glitches - the SFF HP I acquired from work lost the USB controller for the front ports - comes up with error 43 which appears to be terminal ! - just ordered a couple of low profile USB cards !

Must be the weekend for PC glitches - the SFF HP I acquired from work lost the USB controller for the front ports - comes up with error 43 which appears to be terminal ! - just ordered a couple of low profile USB cards !

And sure enough when I came to boot up this afternoon... the power light gives me 4 red flashes in a sequence "terminal" - Still it was free, and I'll see what replacements we have available - one of the perks of working in an IT department :)

Edited by malc-c

if you can take the hard drive apart u should be able to put it directly into the desktop (providing its a newish one) i found the usb controllers can sometimes "forget" who or what they are which at times can be really annoying but directly it can mitagate that problem, but it does seem to be a weekend where everything "breaks"

And sure enough when I came to boot up this afternoon... the power light gives me 4 red flashes in a sequence "terminal" - Still it was free, and I'll see what replacements we have available - one of the perks of working in an IT department :)

Well even after replacing the PSU the PC still gave the same error - so I popped into work this morning and swapped it for another that's marked for disposal. I was lucky enough to find the last remaining one that was identical to the one that's packed up, so it was a simple case of just swapping over the HDD, RAM and USB cards - plugged in each USB device one at a time and bingo - back in business :)

good info guys! thanks. this camera got my eyes, but still pending till i get all the info

ermmmm great work but you say that its better than the results with a spc900 now is this when you watching live? am not knocking your image but my spc flashed 900 produces lots better pics and the live view is great,or am i missing some thing am glad i did not order one for xmass now i thought these would have got great results ,all i seem to see is a lot of washed out pics i no the live view may be great but have not sen one decent stacked pics

so whats the live view on the screen like ?

Ye but guys. Your forgetting the idea that the Samsung is designed for no computer what so ever. U can view images with just a small screen and camera on scope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all

I don't know why this old thread has been reserrected but considering it was in the first pics I ever took with the Samsung it is not too bad.

Well ok its blumming awful.

Instead of looking at this image why not take a look at my latest offering - below.

Now compare that to what the SPC 900 will do.

No contest I think.

Don't get me wrong I still use the phillips for planetary work but for DSS stuff the Phillips does not even come close to the Samsung.

Graham

post-26845-133877718555_thumb.jpg

Edited by steelfixer