Narrowband

M17 Swan Nebula

Coolhandjo

After building up enough courage to brave my OBS again (found a funnel web inside), I took this image of the Swan in Narrowband)

HA 60 Sii 40 Oiii 40 Atik 314L at -15degC Heq6 f5 8 inch newt

I find this target hard to extract fine detail (and even harder to get the right colour balance in LRGB so the NB makes it a bit easier)

Comments welcomed

post-18323-133877659938_thumb.jpg

That's a nice deep result.

Erm, tell us more about funnel webs... from your nice safe distance!!!

Olly

Thanks Olly

Funnel Web spiders are the most deadliest in the world. Their bite can kill in 10 min. They live in Sydney where I am from. Ordinarily they Stay away but they live in and around my garden.

I found one in my observatory the other night. It was dead but that's because a squashed it withou knowing on my last imaging session when I put my optics case on the garden ledge!

I am now totally committed to limiting the outdoor set up and set own down through automatic as much as I possibly can! So I am installing autofocus units and wide field optics to star align.

Thanks Olly

Funnel Web spiders are the most deadliest in the world. Their bite can kill in 10 min. They live in Sydney where I am from. Ordinarily they Stay away but they live in and around my garden.

I found one in my observatory the other night. It was dead but that's because a squashed it withou knowing on my last imaging session when I put my optics case on the garden ledge!

I am now totally committed to limiting the outdoor set up and set own down through automatic as much as I possibly can! So I am installing autofocus units and wide field optics to star align.

That's a beautiful image.

I don't know how you cope with the nature you have over there, the closest I come to danger whilst observing is slipping on a slug :) (and I've done that a few times - uggghh!)

Archived