SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greetings from Cambridge

SteveL

First post here, so treat me gently :lol:

I`m located in Cambourne, which is about 10 miles West of Cambridge, and am fortunate to have a fairly good site in my back garden for viewing. No direct street lights, small community so low LP, far enough away from the major population centers, no overlooking houses, a great south/south-west/west horizon, and 10 miles of empty countryside in that direction.

Being a recent convert to astronomy, I`m still learning at a frightening rate... almost as fast as my bank balance is getting emptied :D I had an ETX90 sitting in my spare room for almost 3 year before I really caught the bug, then that was it. I needed something bigger and better. Thankfully I found a really good deal on a NexStar 8 GPS, which is now my pride and joy.

I`ll try to keep the newbie questions to a minimum, and chip in with my comments when I think they are useful to anyone.

(Who else is going to Kelling Heath this weekend? :D )

It's not only YOUR bank balance that gets emptied Steve!

Steve is the person that's responsible for me getting a bad case of apeture fever (having gone from someone who had never looked through a scope a month or so ago to someone now considering a nice big 10" light bucket for the backyard).

Good to see ya here mate! :D

Peonic

Archived