Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

eyepieces

faulksy

hi peeps just wondered your thoughts and views on ep,s.

i am considering baader either hyperions or orthascopic for my cpc 9.25. was looking at around 8-9mm mainly for planets'. whats your thoughts or reccomendations on above or different brand maybe. thanks in advance:)

Hi Faulksy,

Have a go with the BST explorer ed. Have an 8mm which I use in my sct and this will generate c300x in your celestron. For a side by side comparison have a look at

1.25" Eyepieces

They let you try for a couple of weeks and send back the ones you don't want!

Cheers

didnt see that. do they let anyone try and send back. cant believe there prices was told about these by gadjet and bastruck what do you reckon bst over the tmb. thanks

Hi Mike

If you are considering a ortho i think it would be wise to try first if you can some love them and some just cant on with them due to the small amount of glass and tight eye relief i did have one but really didn't like it yes the views were nice but didn't like squashing my eye onto the eyepiece to get them i am sure you would prefer the more comfortable viewing that hyperions TMBs /Clones Celestron X-Cel LX etc provide and like said it is a very forgiving scope you don't really need top shelf eyepieces to get really nice views

Kevin

I primarily use 5mm, 8mm, and 12mm Radians and never had a problem with my recently sold 8" Sct. I'm sure they'll work just as well with the 925 upgrade if this weather ever clears up and I get chance to use it.

The 13mm Ethos is my favourite for use in all my scopes though :)

I'll go find it thanks Mike :)

Found it! and yes - the CPC is very sensitive to the wrong voltage - I've had that happen as well - keep it well charged and you'll be fine - especially when it's cold out - I usually carry a spare power pack just in case. Great to hear you both had a good night with it :)

I'll go find it thanks Mike :)

Found it! and yes - the CPC is very sensitive to the wrong voltage - I've had that happen as well - keep it well charged and you'll be fine - especially when it's cold out - I usually carry a spare power pack just in case. Great to hear you both had a good night with it :)

thanks kim. glad you have had similar problems with the cpc system. i dont mean that in a horrible way

Archived