Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

rslappers

A Change

Having raced motorcycles badly for several years I decided on a bit of a change of hobby so here we go I've just bought some 15x70 celestron bino's and soon if the desire to navigate our galaxy isn't a passing phase I'll invest in a starter scope, that's when you'll get all of my stupid questions. I hope you'll help.

Peter

hi Peter and welcome no Qs is silly ,and am sure you would get more than one answer to any

cheers

Hi Ptere, welcome to SGL.

The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

Hi Peter and welcome to SGL !

The 15x70 binoculars are a great place to start. I'd ask some Q's before investing in a scope though, even a starter one. As you will see there is a lot of choice available these days, even at relatively modest prices !.

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum.

You'll soon get up to speed with this astronomy lark, none of it is difficult, its just that there is a lot of it. Ask away and don't worry - I've already asked all the daft questions!:):D

Clear skies

James

Hi Peter,

Welcome to SGL.

Of course we will help, this is the friendliest place in cyberspace.

Hi Peter, welcome to SGL :)

Hi Peter and welcome to SGL, I think you will find you new hobby will not be quite as dangerous as your last, but can be just as thrilling :)

John.

Welcome to the lounge Peter - and to the slippery slope. I started off with a decent set of bins but it wasn't long before my first scope was on its way.