Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any events and astronomy societies in London?

williamhou

Have seen a lot of events here, however they are all quite far away from me.

I live in east London, and don't have a car to travel very far with my mount/scope (20kg +). Is there any astronomy societies and events around east London / central London?

My interest is in deep space observing and imaging.

Cheers,:)

Will

• 1 month later...
Will, you could try Loughton astronomical society in Theydon Bois. There is also NELAS in Wanstead. What part of the east end are you situated? Steve.

Strartford. That's a good society however a bit far for me (dun have a car need to be easily reachable via public transport)

• 5 weeks later...

To all North London Astronomers, Hampstead Scientific Society runs the Hampstead Observatory, it contains a 6" Cooke Refractor and is open from Sept to April/May every Friday and Saturday Evening (as long as the sky is clear) from 8-10pm. It also opens from 11am to 1pm on Sundays for solar viewing.

The Camden Astronomy and Telescope-making Society meets fortnightly Wednesdays from 7.30-9.30pm in Highgate. We can teach you how to make your own Newtonian and assist with more complex projects. £30 per 6-8 wk term plus materials.

Astronomical Society of Haringey meets (usually third Thursday monthly) for talks in Southgate.

The three societies are closely linked and share activities.

All three are non-profit making organisations.

Check out:

hampsteadscience.ac.uk

for HSS

Info: telescopemakers@mulberry.myzen.co.uk

ASH:

ashastro.co.uk

Hope to see you soon!

report.gif

edit.gif

Archived