Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Cheap Binoculars on Sale

Coco

My Son who has a TV repair business, deals with CPC who are in the main big mail order people, if I remember there is a minimum spend of £35 and whether you have to have a trade account or not, I am not sure, as Guy has been to their premises they must also have a retail outlet.

These are the Bak-7s that are at the lower end.

Still good bins though

£25-£30 is a typical selling price

I was having this debate with my dad, maybe you can settle it. Is there a difference between high end binoculars to cheap ones but still being the same magnification for example cheap pair vs expencive pair both being say 10x50

I have been looking at lots of binoculars recently and I can not make my mind up. Something about the "top of the range" bug in my brain that makes me wish for far better than I need! There is some great information on the Jodrell Bank website (see: Advice on buying and using binoculars).

Perhaps the main thing to consider is what you need them for. I want some nice binos so I can enjoy the night sky at a moments notice without having to get out and set up the CPC1100 (a hulking 40 kilogram monster!). As I read up on binoculars, I am being swayed towards some 20x80s for Astronomy, but this means a tripod is essential - which almost knocks the purpose I want them for (quick viewing) out the window. Trouble is, a good pair of hand-hold-friendly 10x50s cost as much as if not more than the giant binoculars! Now I find myself looking at very expensive Image Stabilising sets and I'm even more stuck for choice...

Archived