Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Rusty Strings

Autumn equinox meeting

Fine. I'll probably be a little later than that. Any speakers up for it?

Steve

If there are any members in Lincolnshire who would like a lift, please pm me.

Only me in the car at the moment!

Sounds like it's going to be the biggest turn out yet, shame I've got a wedding to go to :glasses2:

As for speakers I'm not sure, maybe Rusty has it covered.

I've only just noticed this! Can't make that day I'm afraid - will be at my first OU tutorial till late, and to be honest all I will want to do by then is hit my bed :glasses2:

We don't have any volunteers for speakers as yet, if nobody chips in it'll me and a talk about keeping guinea pigs.

We don't have any volunteers for speakers as yet, if nobody chips in it'll me and a talk about keeping guinea pigs.

I know a fair bit about West Highland Terriers as well :glasses2:

I could offer some fascinating stuff about relativity and quantum maechanics but you wouldn't believe it!

Steve

Hey Rusty, you could give a talk on the interval structure of the C major Mixolydian mode! :glasses2:

Just checking, is the pub the 'Hurt Arms' at Ambergate?

We could just make it a social gathering with a nose at any scopes that turn up. If it is clear then we can observe which will mean any talks will have to take a back seat.

I'm a pentatonic minor man myself.

Edited by Rusty Strings

Dare I say it but the weather forecast for the week ahead is reasonable, you never know there may be a break in the clouds on friday:)

Phil

Dare I say it but the weather forecast for the week ahead is reasonable, you never know there may be a break in the clouds on friday:)

Phil

Is the meeting Friday? I thought it was Saturday.

The weather is looking good for tomorrows meeting so we should have plenty of scopes. I will have my 200p with it's homemade dob base and I'll do a talk on that if necessary but I'm sure we'll want to take advantage of the clear sky.

I'll be there at 7pm, could anybody bring some diesel for the genny?

"C major Mixolydian"

I've been taking that for weeks but it hasn't helped with the sore back lol :)

John is it diesel or petrol, remeber last time they had a petrol genny

Phil

John is it diesel or petrol, remeber last time they had a petrol genny

Phil

I bought diesel last time and it turned out it needed to be petrol.

Hi All

On the off chance i will be feeling ok tomorrow and manage to get to the CC would another Genny be of any good for us to make use of?

Andy

I just thought it also might be worth bringing to peoples attention, if it is clear and the scopes are bought out, bring warm clothes, it gets real cold very quickly up there.

Iv'e been there when the temp at my house was 14 degrees, and a couple of hours later at Belper it had dropped to six degrees.