Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Rusty Strings

Autumn equinox meeting

Hi Chaps

Do we want to meet up for our social jolly this september at the cricket club or shall we consider Kelling to be our meet?

Imho - The group's quite large now and we may find a lot of folks that aren't going to Kelling, may well be up for it if it was at the CC. We could set an agenda and a few proposals at Kelling, then have a full meet at the CC? Just an idea. :)

How about a full meeting at CC and a mini meet at Kelling.

Sounds good to me Doc :) Besides - we'll have our time cut out with two new fracs to play with :D

Don't forget to come down and have a coffee in the tea/coffee tent :)

I'm not going to Kelling but will come to the CC (depending on the date of the meeting).

I Would love to come to the CC meet - would be a great opportunity to finally meet you guys and officially 'join' the group - I have had £20 burining a hole in my pocket since January. However, I am out of the country until the 24th, so would probably miss out again.

Looks like I'll have to wait for one of the Sawley meets

Ok, I'll post some potential dates. Seems like a good opportunity to smear some greasey fingers on these new refractors maybe.

Hahaha! - yeah if want to die a howwibble howwibble death lol :)

Ok, I'll post some potential dates. Seems like a good opportunity to smear some greasey fingers on these new refractors maybe.

Maybe dribble on them a bit too ........ :)

Hi would love to get involved , being in s derbyshire how do the meeting would and as their seems more than one venue being discussed do you have addresses.

We have two venues.

One at Sawley which is basically just some hard standing in a field, but pretty isolated and reasonably dark.

And one at Belper which is in the grounds of the cricket club, it's very dark and we have use of a toilet and the cricket club so can make tea etc.

The cricket club also hosts out talks/meetings four times a year.

Subscription is £20 per year and that entitles you to use both sites weather permitting of course.

I'm up for cc, it'll give me another chance to remember your names . Lol

Hi folks I wouldn't mind coming along to CC to scope it out, so to say. How much is it for an evening pass, as a taster?

I'd be interested in attending the CC meet.

Need to pay my £20 as well so will be a good opportunity.

Rusty Strings will sort out some dates

All are welcome Andy - we have many newbies on board and they all get helped and encouraged like they do here on SGL. We're a very friendly bunch.

If you like observing with EMS and decide to join us just send your subs to Glider :)

Ok Chaps how about saturday 30th September from 7pm. Baz and myself thought we could chat about Kelling so that those who have never been to a star party can hopefully get a feel for that. The new moon is on the 27th so if the sky is clear, the young crescent may be something to look at and be gone earlyish so the when can try the fainter stuff.

Any takers?