Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Autumn equinox meeting

Rusty Strings

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imho - The group's quite large now and we may find a lot of folks that aren't going to Kelling, may well be up for it if it was at the CC. We could set an agenda and a few proposals at Kelling, then have a full meet at the CC? Just an idea. :)

I Would love to come to the CC meet - would be a great opportunity to finally meet you guys and officially 'join' the group - I have had £20 burining a hole in my pocket since January. However, I am out of the country until the 24th, so would probably miss out again.

Looks like I'll have to wait for one of the Sawley meets

We have two venues.

One at Sawley which is basically just some hard standing in a field, but pretty isolated and reasonably dark.

And one at Belper which is in the grounds of the cricket club, it's very dark and we have use of a toilet and the cricket club so can make tea etc.

The cricket club also hosts out talks/meetings four times a year.

Subscription is £20 per year and that entitles you to use both sites weather permitting of course.

Ok Chaps how about saturday 30th September from 7pm. Baz and myself thought we could chat about Kelling so that those who have never been to a star party can hopefully get a feel for that. The new moon is on the 27th so if the sky is clear, the young crescent may be something to look at and be gone earlyish so the when can try the fainter stuff.

Any takers?

Archived