Narrowband

Three results from France, Etoile St. Cyrice

mftoet

It was the 9th time I stayed with Olly at Les Granges, Etoile St. Cyrice in Southern France. I always used to go for quantity: grabbing as much as possible objects during the clear nights the week has to offer. But with digital photography that's different: the more data on an object one acquires, the better the end result will be. So therefore I've spent a night on each of the following objects.

M31

post-20224-133877657474_thumb.jpg

NGC 7023

post-20224-133877657483_thumb.jpg

B150

post-20224-133877657492_thumb.jpg

Full (technical) details and hi-res versions can be found on my website by clicking on the linked object names above the images.

I like to give my images a warm touch, so they are not as blue as other images that can be found on the web.

Best regards,

These are wonderful, Maurice. The dusty ones do benefit from your colour balance, I agree. Beautiful star colour in all the images, too.

Your Andromeda is remarkably deep with an outer halo showing further from the core than we usually see. Really classy pictures.

Olly

Thanks, now I need to put some money in the swear jar :)

These are outstanding, especially B150. It must have been pretty challenging to process that one!

That's a really good idea putting your workflow into your website, nice to see how it was accomplished

Archived