Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from nr. Newbury

Dr. Phibes

First off, I am not a Dr. of any kind!

Have always been interested in space/astronomy and it has gently rumbled in the background for many years, until last year when I took the Intro to Astronomy University Certificate via distance-learning at UCLAN. Just starting their BSc in Astronomy this year.

On the observational side, things have been on a casual basis with 10x50 bins and I am still learning my way round the sky.

However, I completely blame this site and FLO for enticing me with their Vixen A80MF refractor on clearence and the good reviews for many reasons that it has garnered here. Order is in and has ben dispatched. First light will have to wait though, as I can't get a mount until next month.

No doubt I will need at least 5 telescopes to do everything, as I simply find everything interesting.:)

Hoping to learn lots from you all and perhaps contribute when I have a bit more observational experience under my belt.

Clear skies.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived