SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hubble 3D Film

franco

I went to the science museum in London over the weekend and in their own IMAX Theatre they were showing a film/documentry on Hubble's life and repair missions. the film which lastest around 45 minutes featured "behind the scences" footage of crew before and during the shuttle missons. It also showed hubbles images of galaxies, nedulas and deep field. The whole film was shown in full 3D and i have to say i was very impressed.

I have never been to an IMAX before but it was miles better than any 3D film i have seen at any other cinema and the screen was massive! (the size of 3 double decker buses so we were told) Hubbles photos were really enchanced in 3D giving a great depth to galaxies and stars as you travelled through them.

The film was obviously aimed at a wide audience and i cant say a learned anything new from the film but it was an amazing visual and enjoyable experience. My girlfriend came out and said it blew her mind seeing a visual scale of the universe and then was asking rhetorical questions about the universe for the rest of the evening.

The Show was £10 which at first seems expensive for a 45 minute show but the museum itself is free to enter and there are many other exciting space related things to see and do there.

I saw this at NASA visitor centre in Florida in May

Is wonderful!!

Was there too in May

It really is fantastic. The 3D Blu-Ray is on eBay in the US, I got it shipped over for about £30

• 2 weeks later...

Archived